Board of Education
The Hermon-DeKalb Central School Board of Education is made up of nine members who serve five-year terms, except in cases where there may be a vacancy for an unexpired term. The members of the board work together to establish policies, rules and regulations. It also helps direct the administration of Hermon-DeKalb Central School District.
Improve Student Achievement by Fostering a Climate of Academic Excellence
- The Board is committed to provide equitable opportunities and resources so that all of our students graduate and are college and career ready. We are committed to fostering learning environments that promote student engagement, belonging and academic growth.
- Support the school and community in efforts to improve positive school climate and welcoming of all students.
- Support the school and community through programs to build character strengths, including perseverance, responsibility, leadership, and good citizenship.
Maximizing Quality and Value for the Community
- Responsibly maintain and improve the facilities and grounds to ensure the safety and well-being of students, staff, and the community.
- Provide support to programs and initiatives made available through federal funds.
- Provide meaningful training for staff all year long. Provide the structure and environment for students, parents, community members, and staff to work together to achieve the district's goals.
- Provide community access and use of school facilities and sponsored programs when appropriate.
The Board will promote a positive climate and culture that cultivates trust and supports a safe, secure teaching and learning environment to ignite the potential for all of our students, teachers and staff.
The Board is committed to ensuring schools and departments receive resources, materials and personnel necessary to provide students greater access to rigorous and enriching learning opportunities