DEADLINE FOR FILING NOMINATING PETITIONS
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that petitions for nominating candidates for office must be filed digitally by 3:30 p.m. on May 11, 2020. Under NYS Governor Executive Order No. 202.26, there is no minimum threshold of signatures required on a nominating petition this year. Candidates must:
- Be able to read and write.
- Be a qualified voter of the District. A qualified voter of the District is a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Be and have been a resident of the District for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- Have not been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- Not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- Not be a current employee of the school board.
- Not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
Petition applications can be submitted at https://forms.gle/6BvtGeqvYNTGyCVGA