Board of Education Goals
Improve Student Achievement by Fostering a Climate of Academic Excellence
- Provide learning experiences which promote the application of knowledge, creativity and problem solving abilities for all students preparing them to be college and career ready.
- Increase the percentage of students that receive Advanced Regents Diplomas and continue to expand students’ opportunities for academic enrichment beyond minimum state requirements.
- Support the school and community through programs in its effort to build character strengths including perseverance, responsibility and good citizenship.
- Support the school and community in its effort to improve the social/emotional well-being of all students.
- Promote the use of technology to enhance instruction through the use of SMART Bond Funding.
Improve Communication and Heightened Professionalism
- Provide the structure and environment for students, parents, community members, teachers, administrators and other professionals and support staff to work together to achieve the goals of the district. Goals are based on FOCUS school recommendation.
- Provide meaningful staff development that is targeted to increase student performance, and meet the needs of all students. Staff development will be supported all year long with the use of half-staff days on a monthly basis.
Maximizing Quality and Value
- Responsibly maintain and improve the facilities and grounds to ensure the safety and well-being of students, staff and community. This includes facilitating the parameters of a Capital improvement project within the next school year.
- Develop a school budget that provides for the instructional needs of our students within the fiscal capabilities.